JM03: Reaching Millennials In the Church
April 11, 2017
This episode is the second part in Jon's look at Millennials in the church. Jon gives ten characteristics of millennial-friendly churches.
What does the Bible say about Millennials?
- The are made in God’s image (Gen. 1:27).
- They are sinful (Rom. 3:23).
- They are loved by Jesus (Rom. 5:8).
- We are called to make disciples of them (Matthew 28:18-19).
- They can be gifted by Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 12).
- They are our present and future (Ps. 78:4).
10 Characteristics of Millennial-friendly churches:
- The Gospel
- Be Authentic
- Create Connections
- Create experiences
- Provide mentors, not maestros.
- Talk about Jesus instead of God
- Call people to be a part of something bigger
- Embrace social media
- Giveaway leadership in all areas of the church to Millennials
- Use Apologetics in every ministr